Monday, June 8, 2009

Will be starting soon...

Hello all!

I'm very excited to be participating in my first-ever SAL, which also happens to be the first time that I've stitched on linen instead of Aida. I read several recommendations to do a small project first with learning linen, so I'm making a bookmark with a few motifs from the Ackworth School Pattern Book and I am loving it already. I've cross-stitched a lot in the past, but lost my love of it a few years ago because of some projects that had me changing colors constantly. Sometimes a lot of shading and detail gets just too tedious.

Once I am done with the bookmark I will be starting on the Mary Wigham SAL, so I'll be a little behind some of you. I will be doing it on Wichelt Lambswool Linen, 32 count 2x2, but I'm only using three matching shades of blue to create a bit of a monochrome-ish effect with DMC 930, 931, & 932. Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Happy stitching!
Christine
Ohio

3 comments:

  1. Hi Christine - I'm doing monochromish too! Look forward to seeing your progress! Good luck with the linen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I just found out about this and joined and I have to decide on what I'm going to use for fabric and threads. I'm excited to get going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, your colors sound very nice!! Can't wait to see your start!

    ReplyDelete