Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Just a Little Start

Hi All -- I am so pleased to be a part of this SAL, and very excited to work along with other Quaker lovers on this beautiful sampler. I am also grateful to Jacqueline of Needleprint for giving us this wonderful pattern to stitch. I made my contribution for all nine parts of the sampler with one single payment, as I always have problems making Paypal work for me on the first try.

I have selected my fabric -- 40 count New Castle Picture this Plus Legacy. I am doing this as an adaptation, rather than a strict reproduction, using just two colors - light and dark green, and I plan to substitute some family initials for most of the initials that are charted. The greens I selected are Belle Soie Shepherd's Pasture (light green) and Belle Soie Herb Garden (darker green). I am pleased with the combination so far.

I am also working on the Beatrix Potter sampler and already have wall space set aside for both when they are finally completed.

I have just a little bit of the first part of the pattern completed, but will try to post a photo when I have a some more done.

So far I am enjoying Miss Mary as much as Miss Potter. I can't wait to see everyone's progress.

Happy stitching all.

Sharon in St. Louis

1 comment:

  1. sounds beautiful Sharon! I love shades of green!!! Can't wait to see them!!! I am also working on Miss Potter!!!!!!
    Shari

    ReplyDelete