Friday, June 12, 2009

Here is a photo of my Mary Wigham as of this morning.

The itsy bitsy magnifier and light are because we lost electricity and that is what I had to use. Thankfully, the power has been restored.

The photo is not very good because I had to use my phone to take the photo.

I am using 36-count Maritime linen from Lakeside. I have never used overdyed threads on a reproduction before, but decided to give them a try on Mary. I am using a combination of DMC, Crescent Colours, Old Willow, and Sampler Threads. I am trying to keep the colors as close to possible to what Jacqueline charted.

Ellen

6 comments:

  1. very pretty Ellen!! Wow, you are making great progress. I am contemplating using various flosses as well. Right now, I am on the first motif & am using the dmc for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job Ellen! I am only on my second motif, but I decided on overdyes for this piece also. I had enough in my stash to match up the dmc...need to get at least 3-4 motifs done and post photo. But, wanted to tell you yours looks really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your Mary is looking awesome, Ellen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen, you are off to a great start! I cant believe you were stitching without power! LOL I cant stitch with my little light, but it doesnt have a magnifier with it. I just use my light for reading at night when my husband is sleeping. I'll have to look for one of those with the magnifier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen ~ Your piece is what inspired me to join this Sal. I am impressed with your color choice. Your progress is huge. I saw your first June 1st progress and you are well on your way.
    Beautiful!
    God Bless~
    Lenna

    ReplyDelete