Monday, June 22, 2009

Better Late than Never

I have been planning to start Mary Wigham for weeks now. But I have two little ones that keep me very busy, and then there was the fabric to order, and other responsibilities. I'm sure you all know how it goes...

But I'm happy to say that I have finally begun. It took a little mini-vacation to give me the boost I needed. This is where I started stitching my sampler (The Oregon Coast):


And this is the progress I have made:


I am stitching on 35 count Weeks Dye Works Linen-colored linen. I will be mostly using my very favorite shade of blue, DMC 924, but will also be throwing in some WDW Ocean, WDW Deep Sea, some leftover silks in shades of (you guessed it) blue from a Scarlet Letter sampler. I'm sure I'll also use some browns, but I like to wing it a bit when it comes to stitching.

I look forward to watching all of your progress as well! Thanks for letting me join the group.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful progress and great color choice. Enjoyed your picture.

    Shay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I am in love with your color way! I can't wait to see the rest of your "blues"!!!
    Great work!
    I wish I was on a beach! But I am land'locked on the great plans of the north...
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete