Monday, August 24, 2009

My update on the Mary Wigham SAL

Hello all,
I was hoping to give you updates as my husband, son and I drove from California to Maine for our summer vacation. It didn't work out as I would have liked it to. I had purchased some reading classes to take with me and found out they weren't strong enough. Then I tried to stitch on the pattern and it was way to hard in a bouncing truck. I had hoped once we got to Maine I would find some time there. It didn't happen because we had something to do everyday while we were visiting with family. We were gone for 5 weeks.

Here is what I had started before leaving for Maine.

Here is what I have worked on since returning from Maine.

I am stitching this on 32 count Jobelan Lambswool. I changed two DMC colors. I am using 209 instead of Ecru. I am using B5200 instead of White. I am just about finished with part 1 and will be working on part 2.


  1. It's lovely, Carolyn! You've made great progress, and you are an inspiration to me to stitch more on mine. I took it to Alaska on our cruise and didn't put a stitch in her, so I can relate to your travel experience. But I bet you got to see alot of the US, and so did Mary!

    Sharyn :-)

  2. You are doing a great job even if you didn't get much done on you trip. I love seeing everbodies progress.
    I just started working on this piece on 8/24 and can wait till I finish the first page.