Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My first Medallion

Hi, this is my first post.I am March and have been stitching since 1987. I am very happy that I was able to join the group. Thanks for including me Shari. :-)
I am stitching Mary W. on 25 count evenweave, I am doing it 1 over 1, using full stitches. It's the first time I have tried to tea dye my material. I got it to dark at first but was able to lightened it a little. I did lose some of the splotches but I like how it came out. Right now I am using the colors on the pattern but may change that as I go along.
I have been stitching on this for a few hours a night for the last three nights and got my first medallion do. I really like how it looks.

MW 8.26.09

I am really enjoying watching everyones MW take shape and I love some of the different colors combos that are being used. I know this is a historical sampler but it's great that we are making it our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment