Monday, September 28, 2009

Progress on Mary


Hi all! I can't believe how time flies -- it's been a couple months since last I stitched Mary.

The first pic is my Mary as of Sunday. I have finally found some time to stitch on her and hope to get more time this week. I decided to add a touch of pink in a few places just as accents. If I don't like it later, it will be easy enough to remove. The next 2 pics are enlargements of the new areas.



You'll also notice that I decided to alter the pattern a bit. Instead of initials in the triangles along the edge, I have extended the flowers and/or pots into the blank area. I like it. What do you think?

I'm glad to be back working on this piece -- it's making me think.
Have a good day!
Marcy

5 comments:

  1. Marcy, it's beautiful. Love your colors.

    tjbdesigns
    http://stitchingandbeading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcy, Interesting, I did not think to use any different stitches, just different colors. Your stitching is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Marcy.

    Wonderful progress!! It's beautifl colors.

    Yu*, Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcy, I'm loving it and may have to borrow your ideas.
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks!
    I'm really glad to be working on Mary again. I've been feeling like a stalker, just looking at everyone's lovely Mary's -- especially the finished ones -- with nothing new to show on mine.
    Borrow away Barb!
    Hi Yu! Marcy, waving from the USA!

    ReplyDelete